Cell culture is a set of biology techniques used to grow cells outside their organism (ex-vivo) or their original environment, for the purpose of scientific experimentation.
The CELIS core facility of the Paris Brain Institute has all the equipment and techniques required for the culture of primary “healthy” cells taken freshly from an organism, the culture of cell lines with a non-dividing capacity as well as organ slices.
Mycoplasma Detection is carried out with the kit MycoAlert™ Mycoplasma Detection and the luminometer LUCETTA from LONZA.
Result in 24h.
- Neurons (striatal E14, cortex E13.5…)
Culture of cell lines:
- Thawing, expanding, freezing.
- Cell transfection: Lipofectamine, Nucleofector.
- Lentiviral infection
- User training on equipment for stand-alone use and scientific/technical assistance on demand.
- Training of students: Basics of cell culture/ On a given protocol
Fully equipped culture boxes dedicated in L2 confinement:
- Biological safety station (Hood Type II)
- CO2 incubator
- Cell culture small equipment (pipettes, pump, racks….)
- Dedicated temperature-controlled space (+4,-20,-80°C)
- Bench and space to stock
- Access to a large stock of plastic and biological consumable
- Access to common equipment and room (dark rooms for imaging operations, shared spaces for small equipment (centrifuge, water bath, scale) as well as large dissection rooms).
It’s possible to rent just one work station or or more and therefore to have a complete dedicated box.